Forms of hosting services
A hosting service refers to saving and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting provider. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can elect what you want, based on whether you wish to launch a web portal, emails, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are often supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally amiss explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between individual sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you would like to share a big amount of pics with comrades or associates since the solution is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your mail accounts. Some providers offer web site hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to set up an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and several hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to run as many videos as you want without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a site. To some extent, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At RapidFireDomains.com, for example, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for particular content solely.